Systemic Reaction has released the free “Base Assault” update for the open-world co-op action game Generation Zero on Steam, Xbox One, and PlayStation®4. It is also free for Xbox Game Pass and PC Game Pass subscribers. “Base Assault” brings a new system of procedurally generated FNIX bases to the Forest Region, with evolving difficulty levels, layouts, and challenges to ensure every encounter is a unique experience.
“Base Assault” Features:
- Groundbreaking Base Assaults: Take on fully destructible, procedurally generated FNIX bases filled with deadly turrets, mines, and reinforcements, plus plenty of prime loot opportunities.
- New Control Points: Conquer FNIX bases to earn Command Tokens and convert control points to the Resistance, opening new locations to build (and defend) your own additional bases.
- New Story Missions: Play new missions to expand on the storylines introduced earlier this year and uncover the secrets behind the latest threat.
- Free Base Building Pack: All players get a bonus pack filled with a variety of base-building items.
- Map Revamps & UI Improvements: The Marshland region has been redesigned for greater environmental storytelling, along with a new inventory sorting system and map icon filtering.
Generation Zero puts players on the front line of the battle against the machines in an alternate history of Sweden. More than one million players have experienced the game since launch alongside numerous updates and story-driven expansions continuing to drive the adventure, with even more still to come.