Just weeks after lifting the lid of his return, Tate Multimedia is excited to announce that the very first demo of Kao the Kangaroo will hit Steam’s Next Fest celebration taking place between February 21-28, 2022.
The brand new demo will include an exclusive look at one level – Dark Forest – offering up to 40 minutes of gameplay, depending on your playing style. It’ll be fans’ first chance to experience Kao’s return, more than two decades after he made his debut on SEGA’s legendary Dreamcast.
Players will join Kao as he picks up his magical boxing gloves and travels the world confronting famous fighting masters who are under the influence of disturbing, dark power, all while exploring a colorful and vibrant world alive with activity and visual flair.
The original Kao the Kangaroo series collectively sold more than 700,000 units worldwide, with four games in total having launched across PC, PlayStation 2, PSP, Nintendo GameCube, Xbox, Game Boy Advance, and the aforementioned SEGA Dreamcast.
- Beautiful, diverse worlds, packed with secrets
- Engaging and fun gameplay for all ages – family-friendly, but for core gamers too
- Magic gloves stacked with powers
- Kao – a cheeky, brave, and feisty kangaroo who embarks on a life-changing journey
- An engaging story filled with a cast of captivating characters
- Challenging combat including unique boss battles
- A whole host of items to collect
Kao the Kangaroo will launch digitally and physically on PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and Steam this summer. Look out for the free demo between February 21-28 on Steam Next Fest.