Is Your Work Done Yet?
Raw Fury and Sutemi Productions have announced a collaboration to publish Sutemi's debut novel, My Work Is Not Yet Done. Following a successful Kickstarter campaign, the investigative horror game with disturbing visuals will be released next year. The announcement trailer debuted exclusively at The MIX Next 2022 and shows off the game's distinct style.
My Work Is Not Yet Done is a narrative-driven investigative horror game with survival-simulation elements and a dense, nonlinear plot. The final days of the inquisitor Avery, the last surviving member of a doomed scientific expedition into a remote and unfathomable stretch of sinking country, are followed by the players. They must navigate, survey, and survive an eerie, ever-shifting landscape reclaimed by nature — and something stranger — in order to find the source of a strange transmission believed to have originated somewhere within the region.
My Work Is Not Yet Done aspires to be a distinct and innovative take on the survival-simulation genre, accurately reproducing the physical and psychological experience of being alone and lost in the wilderness. The game takes place in an expansive open-world environment, seamlessly blending procedurally generated locations with a variety of handcrafted points of interest to provide a distinct sense of disorientation with each playthrough.
- Explore and survive, based on authentic bushcraft and land navigation techniques
- Deep survival simulation mechanics, focusing on both physical and psychic conditions
- A beautiful and expansive open world featuring real-time weather, atmospheric conditions, and day/night progression
- Dynamic environments that react to the player’s condition and behavior
- Mesmerizing 1-bit visuals with an immersive HUD
- A free-form unscripted narrative experience built around emergent gameplay and ambient lore
Raw Fury and Sutemi Productions will release My Work Is Not Yet Done in 2023. The game is now available on Steam.