Supreme Commander is a classic strategy game that still holds up today. If you’re looking for a game that offers a lot of replayability and is fun to play, then Supreme Commander is definitely the game to keep installed on your hard drive.
Supreme Commander is a real-time strategy game that was developed by Gas Powered Games and published by THQ. The game was released for the PC on February 16, 2007, It was the first game in the Commander series, with two sequels having been released, Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance in November 2007 and Supreme Commander 2 (SupCom2) in March 2010. The game is set in the future where two superpowers, the Aeon Illuminate and the Cybran Nation, are at war with each other.
The player takes on the role of one of these superpowers and must use their military forces to defeat the other. The game is notable for its large-scale warfare, with players able to control armies of up to several hundred units. This, combined with the game’s detailed unit customization and complex mechanics, makes Supreme Commander a challenging and rewarding experience for RTS fans.
What makes supreme Supreme Commander so interesting?
1. The game is incredible. Even for 2007 standards. Supreme Commander is incredibly detailed and complex, with a wide variety of units and mechanics that can be customized and mastered. The game is also visually stunning, and the physics engine makes the battles look realistic. The units move and interact with each other in a believable way, which adds to the immersion. This makes the game challenging but rewarding for players who want to delve deep into its mechanics.
2. Large Scale Warfare. The game’s large-scale warfare is very impressive and exciting to watch and play. Players can control vast armies of units, making for some epic battles. Also, the game has a great community of players who are always happy to help newbies learn the ropes, and who organize regular tournaments and events. This makes supreme commander a great game for competitive as well as for casual play.
3. Re-playability. There are a variety of maps to play on, and each one offers a different challenge. You can also play against AI opponents or online players, which means there is always someone new to play against. The game has also seen an influx of community created maps which ups the replay value several notches.
4. Real-Time Strategy. Supreme Commander is a great example of an RTS that has something for everyone. You can turtle defensively or go for an all out attack with each map taking advantage of both style of gameplay. Whether you’re looking for a challenging and complex game, or just want to sit back and enjoy some large-scale warfare, Supreme Commander is definitely worth checking out.
5. Whole Lotta Fun. By and large, Supreme Commander is just a lot of fun to play. The gameplay is easy to learn but hard to master, and it’s very satisfying to win a battles; especially against seasoned opponents. There are so many units and buildings to choose from, and you can experiment with different strategies and upgrades to find the ones that work best for you and your style of play.
Why do we keep coming back to SupCom?
There are a variety of reasons, but the one most common opinion is that the detailed mechanics and customization, the large-scale warfare, and the friendly community of players – but ultimately it comes down to the fact that supreme Commander is just an incredibly fun game to play no matter how old you are.